Thursday, May 29, 2008

Homemade Mashed Potatoes

The food processor never fails. This one is easy, as long as you've got one. Although, I'm sure any form of mashing, shredding, chopping, etc will work.

-4 washed potatoes (I prefer red, and I keep the skins off, though you can skin them as well)
-1/2 c milk (I used Soy Milk, but I'm sure cream or whole milk would work. Your preference)
-1 tbsp salt
-1 tbsp butter

Boil potatoes in large pot for about 10-15 minutes. When they begin to fall apart, they should be ready to go.

Cut potatoes into small enough chunks for food processor (or whatever you're using). Once you have the potato mixture ready, add the milk, butter, and salt. Whip until you get the desired consistency. You can add a bit of cheese at this point as well, if you like.

Total Time: About 25 minutes
Servings: 3-4

4 comments:

Eric said...

sigm me up as a contributor, if you please.

Kleeb said...

sure thing! Who is this?

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric said...

okay i have this figured out better. that was me, eric myers. i didn't realize i should've just put my first name where i put 'secretasian.' sorry for the non-potato comments.