Thursday, September 4, 2008

Maciej's o/v salad dressing

I hate salads but I have been feeling ill and need to fix my diet, so for a while I will try to eat mostly raw vegetables and fruits. Anyway, I just made this salad dressing and it's pretty tasty.

Nothing too original and easy to make.

I cook a lot but I never post in this thing because I just eyeball the amounts of ingredient I put in, so if these proportions don't work well for you, adjust them.


Ingredients:

1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar (balsamic vinegar would work as well)
1 teaspoon raw honey
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon soy sauce
a bunch a sunflower seeds (or flax seeds or sesame seeds)
If you like it spicy like me, add some chili or paprika powder

Instructions:

Mix all that together for a while and pour some over your salad of choice. You can vary the proportion of oil to vinegar depending on how sour or how oily you want it, and if you want it more salty pour in more soy sauce. Pretty obvious I know.
For me, I don't like lettuce or too many vegetables, so I made a salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, red bell peppers, dried papaya, and spinach.

Enjoy

No comments: